Although the ROM is fairly usable, the list of caveats is significantly long at this stage. VoLTE and NFC (on global variant) are not working and the full resolution of the camera sensor can’t be utilized at this moment. Moreover, the fingerprint sensor can be glitchy from time to time. You can try it out on your phone by following the link below.
However, the outstanding prices of both the products will force most buyers to overlook their respective shortcomings. Xiaomi has started rolling out Android 10 builds of MIUI 11 beta for the Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi K20/Mi 9T, Mi MIX 3, Mi 8 SE, and Mi 9 SE. In a tweet, Xiaomi shared a roadmap for when it plans to begin rolling out the MIUI 12.5 update for supported Mi and Redmi devices. The Redmi Note series has inarguably been Xiaomi’s most successful product lineup across Asia, and the recently launched Redmi Note 7 series has been one of the best selling products in its segment. At an event in China, the company has now launched the next generation in the Redmi Note lineup — meet the Redmi Note 8 and the Redmi Note 8 Pro, launched alongside the RedmiBook 14 laptop and Redmi TV. The team behind the popular LineageOS custom ROM has added LineageOS 17.1 support for the OnePlus 7T Pro, Redmi Note 8/8T, and Xperia Z3 series.
The blobs should be pulled into the ~/android/lineage/vendor/xiaomi folder. If you see “command not found” errors, adb may need to be placed in ~/bin.
- And while there’s definitely always room to improve for even the best of entities, Xiaomi is at a download the stock firmware good spot as a smartphone OEM right now, one where they can be proud and humble at the same time.
- In some cases the device might not be unbricked with this tool, for example if it is hard-bricked.
- This method could be really helpful when reinstalling the “Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Global firmware” on your device.
- Do not need to re-install USB Driver if you installed it before.
- If you’ve found a bug in the pre-built OpenGApps.org packages you can report it at the XDA Open GApps Development Thread.
In its first iteration, released alongside the Galaxy S8, DeX required dedicated hardware in the form of the DeX Station. With the Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy Tab S4, DeX no longer required a special dock and instead worked with supported USB Type-C to HDMI dongles. Now, the latest Linux on DeX beta update officially adds support for the Galaxy S9/S9+, Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e/S10 5G, and Galaxy Tab S5e.